Highly customizable, greatly performing: designed by CAPT, adaptable to the needs of your transformer
- Resistant structure, solid design.
- Direct and remote control available.
- Microswitches for positioning monitoring available.
- Motor Drive Unit applicable.
|Voltage class||24 kV, 36 kV, 52 kV, 72,5 kV|
|Rated current||from 800 A up to 1500 A|
|Number of positions||from 2 up to 9 positions (up to 20 positions for special applications)|
|Available connections||bridge, linear, series/parallel|
The tap changers from 040 series are indeed the most mechanically robust solution in CAPT’s portfolio for Large Distribution Transformer. As a matter of fact, the structure of these products is specifically designed to be solid and resistant, in order to withstand a high rating of current and voltage – the particular shape of flat contacts, for example, does withstand a rated current of 1500 A.
Multiple configurations are available: the tap changer can be installed vertically or horizontally, thanks to an efficient system of bevel gears. The change of position is allowed by a complete rotation of the shaft, which ensure a high precision and avoids any desplacement. Mechanical block or microswitches for remote control are also available, as well as Motor Drive Unit (MDU), which is guaranteed for 20.000 maneuvres with no extraordinary maintenance.
Several configurations are available to our tap changers: please download the following PDF file and choose the most suitable layout for your project.Download configurations
Motor Drive Unit (MDU)
One of the best advantages of 020 series is the possibility to apply our Motor Drive Unit: you can find additional information by downloading the following PDF files.Download MDU
- All our tap changers are suitable for mineral oil-immersed transformers. Special executions for usage in synthetic and natural Ester fluids are also available upon request.
- Drive handle and external parts can be provided with specific treatment in case of certain environmental conditions: with special gaskets for lower or higher temperatures; with anti-corrosive treatment for dust and very polluted air.
- All our tap changers have padlockable drive for better safety and precision.
- Customized solutions can be designed by our Technical Department according to the specific requirements of the single project.