A product of success: CAPT cable solution for de-energized tap changers
- Cable type tap changer.
- Extremely flexible installation.
- Space saving in the transformer tank is allowed by the cable application.
|Voltage class||24 kV, 36 kV|
|Rated current||from 30 A up to 200 A|
|Number of positions||from 2 up to 7 positions|
|Available connections||bridge, linear, series/parallel, change voltage|
Introduced in CAPT’s products portfolio only a decade ago, 099 series has immediately reached great success thanks to the extreme flexibility of installation that is achieved through the cable system. Not only the tap changer can be installed horizontally on the top part of the transformer with contacts towards front, or in front of the windings, but it can be also mounted with different orientations, in example horizontally with contacts turned towards ground. It can be even mounted vertically on the side of the transformer, which allows to save space on the top and reduce the overall dimensions of the machine.
The cable itself is made of an internal body of steel passing through a plastic sheat, which is protected by a tubular steel pipe. This solution is usually provided as a single element already assembled, with a total diameter of 4,5 mm: customer will receive a single cable to be easily cut-to-size. As an alternative, the two main components of the cable system can be purchased as distinct items: the plastic sheath with its inner steel cable will represent one unit, the tubular steel pipe will come separately. In this specific case, customer will need to assembly them on site and the total diameter will be 7 mm.
The possibility to place the drive at several levels thanks to the cable system makes this series extremely efficient and flexible for every application.
- All our tap changers are suitable for mineral oil-immersed transformers. Special executions for usage in synthetic and natural Ester fluids are also available upon request.
- Drive handle and external parts can be provided with specific treatment in case of certain environmental conditions: with special gaskets for lower or higher temperatures; with anti-corrosive treatment for dust and very polluted air.
- All our tap changers have padlockable drive for better safety and precision.
- Customized solutions can be designed by our Technical Department according to the specific requirements of the single project.